87/89 Park Lane Hornchurch Essex
Registered Number. 6243275
A brief description of who we are and what we do:
DJC property management are a block management company and manage various different types of developments throughout the UK (including housing estates, apartment blocks and commercial properties). DJC Property Management work alongside several professions in relation to good business practice.
We have an in-house skilled accounts team running the credit control and purchase ledgers on a daily basis and also ensuring that client’s money is properly and regularly accounted for and therefore audited in preparation of the client’s year-end accounts, which will be carried out by an outside chartered accountant.
We have a strong property manager team who deal with the daily running of the developments (liaising with residents, contractors, repairs, major works, health and safety and mechanical checks/reporting, site inspections etc).
We also have a legal team on board who handle all legal requirements, sales and re-mortgages and changes in relation to block management.
We also work alongside our sourced and highly skilled contractors who carry out regular work for us. A strong working relationship has been formed with the contractors, which is a huge benefit to the service we provide as we trust the level of workman ship we are being provided. Only approved Contractors are used that ensures all repairs are completed efficiently and competitively.
All data processes undertaken by our company are in line with the required GDPR regulations, including our staff, contractors, and companies associated to the running of our business and services provided.
What data do we hold?
When a development is handed over to us to manage we are usually provided with data of all property owners details from the existing management company/directors of the RMC or original controller. And when we are managing a new property/development we are notified of the new owners (purchasers details) from the sellers solicitors. The data we hold is listed below:
- Name & Address of property Owners
- Contact Numbers and email address(s)
- In some cases we are provided with alternative name/address/contact details (for example, a family member, representative, letting agents etc)
- If the property is rented , some landlords and letting agents may also provide us with their tenants details.
- In some cases we may hold your utility details (Gas meter number, electric meter number etc)
- Should a customer pay their service charge by a form of a cheque , the details on the cheque has to be recorded on our in-house system which is kept accordingly.
How do we hold the data?
The data is held on our in house system, and is backed up and protected as stated below. We have an IT team on call and our back ups are protected and monitored regularly.
- Our network is protected by a business class Firewall provided by Cisco which blocks un-authorized incoming connections to our network.
- We have DNS Filtering which is updated in real time and provided by OpenDNS.
- All data is stored on a secure network sharing server which is physically locked away in a secured network cabinet.
- All data on the network server is password / encrypted and only viewable by staff who have authorization.
- The network shares are backed up to encrypted usb hard drives daily as an onsite backup.
- The network shares are also backed up online which acts as our off site backup. The online backup is secure and fully GDPR / EU–US Privacy Shield compliant.
- Our email data is handled by Microsoft Exchange provided by Microsoft themselves and is also compliant of the GDPR / EU–US Privacy Shield compliant.
- Our computers / laptops are protected by Avast Business Anti-Virus.
- Out emails are screened by Microsoft’s Online Anti-Spam and then also screened a second time by Avast.
- We have DNS Filtering to help protect computers from accessing malicious websites.
- Laptops are encrypted with BitLocker.
We regularly review, and where necessary, update our privacy information.
All paper documents are stored in house and also at a document storage company , details of this company and their privacy document can be provide upon request.
Why do we hold this data?
- If we did not hold this data it would prevent us from performing our duties required as part of the deeds / lease of the developments and we would be breach of these covenants.
- Data needs to be held to ensure a smooth running of the services required for the developments we manage.
- Legal obligations need to be met when dealing with debt recovery/solicitors/re-mortgages/purchases/sales/ land registry requirements etc and data processes need to take place in this regard.
Who do we provide data to ?
- Management/office staff
- Freeholder/ Freeholders Agent
- Solicitors (dealing with debt recovery/sales/remortgages/other legal issues)
- Utility metering companies
- Contractors (in some cases it may be practical for data to be shared with contractors (access arrangements etc), we generally request consent for this prior and handing over data and this is recorded accordingly)
- Directors/Company Secretary of the RMC’s (in some cases) and this is recorded accordingly.
What happens if data needs to be changed?
- A request is to be sent in writing and further information may be required.
- In the event of a sale/purchase the general legal procedure is carried out and a notice of transfer is to be issued to us by a legal representative.
- Any other reasons of changing data will be reviewed and recorded accordingly.
Here are some key points of your rights:
- You have a right to be informed about the collection and use of personal data.
- You have a right to access your personal data we hold.
- You have a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- You have a right to erasure data in some circumstances however due to the duties to be performed and legal /contractual requirements this is not applicable with basic data holding.