UK legislation requires all limited companies to maintain and publish records relating to the governance of a company – including residential management companies. This serves to protect investors, employees and other stakeholders. Traditionally, this is the responsibility of the Company Secretary, a senior Administrative Officer whose presence is crucial for the smooth running of any commercial business.
As a limited company, Resident Management Companies are not exempt from these same legal requirements. However, there are differences that do exist between commercial companies and RMCs – an area that is too easily ignored or side-lined by Directors of Resident Management Companies. Failure to meet the company’s legal requirements can sometimes delay the sale of a unit within the development and, in extreme cases, may make a Resident Management Company Director(s) liable to fines under Company Law.
Employing DJC’s company secretarial services’ can provide any Resident Management Company Director and shareholders with peace of mind that the company’s legal obligations are being handled by qualified professionals.
What our services cover?
The company secretary role covers a wide range of services, however, typically our service covers the following areas:
- Acting as company secretary (through our incorporated secretarial company)
- To attend (AMG’s) with directors
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action
- Filing annual returns and other statutory documents at Companies House
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirement
- Provision of a registered office address
- liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- The storage of company statutory files
Additional services are available which can be quoted for on request.
- Share certificate administration
- Change of company name
- New company formations
For more information on our company secretarial service please do not hesitate to contact us.